VETERINARY INTERNSHIP – HERMISTON, OREGON
Exciting opportunity for a veterinary student at an accredited U.S. veterinary school to gain valuable experience at Vytelle, a fast-growing and innovative cattle reproductive services company. Vytelle offers an all-natural, hormone-free IVF process that’s easier on animals and helps dairy and beef producers make faster genetic progress in their herds. Our goal is to educate and engage with veterinary students interested in ovum pickup (OPU) and in-vitro fertilization (IVF) processes, equipping them with knowledge and training to apply in their future practices. Participating interns must have prior experience handling cattle and an interest in bovine reproduction.
What This Internship Offers
- Opportunity to learn industry-leading, ultrasound-based ovum pick-up (OPU) techniques and embryo production procedures at our collection facility in Hermiston, OregonOpportunity to learn industry-leading, ultrasound-based ovum pick-up (OPU) techniques and embryo production procedures at our collection facility in Hermiston, Oregon
- Hands-on laboratory experience learning in-vitro maturation, fertilization and culture techniques
- Collaboration with a team of highly skilled professionals, including embryo transfer specialists and laboratory technicians
- One- to two-week internship that can be scheduled year-round
Housing and Travel
- Vytelle provides housing for interns at the Holiday Inn Express in Hermiston, Oregon
- Hotel stay includes breakfast, laundry facilities and internet access. Any additional charges are responsibility of the individual intern. No pets allowed
- The Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco, Washington, is the nearest airport to Hermiston. Arrangements can be made for airport pick up and transportation to Hermiston. Contact the internship coordinator at Vytelle to make these arrangements prior to your stay
Other Important Information
- Vytelle requests proof of liability coverage before starting the internship. Professional liability is often covered by your college or institution, or AVMA provides Veterinary Student Professional Liability coverage free-of-charge: http://www.avmaplit.com/products/student-liability/
- All interns will be asked to review and sign a non-disclosure agreement
- We recommend bringing your own coveralls and overshoes or rubber boots
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Vytelle provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are a global precision livestock company reshaping how cattle producers worldwide unlock animal performance. Our portfolio includes world class Bovine phenotype data capture system via GrowSafe Systems which enables producers to accurately select for feed efficiency in their elite genetic stock, coupled with Vytelle In Vitro Fertilization services, which enhance the speed at which genetic improvement can be made. We have uniquely coupled these two capabilities with our artificial intelligence driven genetic analytic engine, which incorporates phenotype, genotype, environment and management data to identify unique genetic signatures bringing greater accuracy to genetic progress decisions.
Interested? Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this internship, submit cover letter and resume. Please include at least three different times you are available, and we will work to accommodate your schedule.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com