LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – AMES, IOWA AND COLUMBUS, OH
Exciting opportunity for an experience laboratory technician to join Vytelle, a fast-growing and innovative reproductive services company. As a member of our laboratory team in Ames, Iowa, you will be an integral component of our all-natural, hormone-free invitro fertilization (IVF) process for livestock, including dairy and beef cattle.
What This Position Offers
- Full-time employment with a dynamic company that is gaining a global reputation for successful bovine IVF that helps dairy and beef producers improve their herds
- Collaboration with a team of highly skilled professionals
- 401(k) match, health insurance and paid time off
- Follow established IVF processes, including plate preparation, oocyte searching, semen sample preparation, embryo culture processing, and embryo loading and freezing
- Basic maintenance of processing equipment, glassware and plastic dishes and processing areas
- Travel occasionally to farms to help with oocyte aspiration and embryo production, working with other laboratories and personnel within the Vytelle organization
- Actively contribute ideas to improve processes and solutions to achieve better performance results for customers
- Lab technician formation or previous experience in biology or chemistry
- Confident and proficient in use of lab equipment, including pipettes, balances, incubators, pH meter, osmometers, autoclave, stereoscope and microscope
- Clear comprehension of and competent in GxP lab environment
- Knowledge of oocyte, sperm and embryo biology and cryopreservation techniques
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Bilingual fluency (English and Spanish) a plus
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Equal Employement Opportunity Policy
Vytelle provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are a global precision livestock company reshaping how cattle producers worldwide unlock animal performance. Our portfolio includes world class Bovine phenotype data capture system via GrowSafe Systems which enables producers to accurately select for feed efficiency in their elite genetic stock, coupled with Vytelle In Vitro Fertilization services, which enhance the speed at which genetic improvement can be made. We have uniquely coupled these two capabilities with our artificial intelligence driven genetic analytic engine, which incorporates phenotype, genotype, environment and management data to identify unique genetic signatures bringing greater accuracy to genetic progress decisions.
Interested? Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com