BOVINE REPRODUCTIVE SPECIALIST
Exciting opportunity for a motivated veterinary professional to join a fast-growing and innovative cattle reproductive services company. As a Bovine Reproductive Specialist, you will play an integral role in our all-natural, hormone-free IVF process that’s easier on animals and helps dairy and beef producers make faster genetic progress in their herds.
What This Position Offers
- Full-time employment with a dynamic company that is gaining a global reputation for successful bovine IVF using a non-FSH process
- Training in industry-leading, ultrasound-based ovum pick-up (OPU) techniques
- Opportunity to work directly with producers and their animals to enhance reproductive outcomes
- Collaboration with a team of highly skilled professionals, including embryo transfer specialists and laboratory technicians
- Flexibility in location
- Assistance with educational loan payments
- Continuing education to advance your skills and career
- 401(k) match, health insurance and paid time off
- Assess and aspirate oocytes from donor animals using the latest equipment and technology
- Evaluate and manage donor health and reproductive performance, as well as overall herd health
- Aid in achieving client’s goals by analyzing performance results and making recommendations for improvement
- Uphold high standards of veterinary care and animal welfare
- Collaborate with customers and the entire Vytelle team to manage production and laboratory demands
- Assist with training employees in OPU standard operating procedures; train and mentor Vytelle field assistants
- Actively contribute ideas to improve processes and solutions to achieve better performance results
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent
- Experience in bovine reproduction a plus, but willing to train individual with demonstrated interest
- Availability to travel within North America and globally – passport required
- Ability to accommodate flexible schedule based on seasonal volume demands
- USDA APHIS accreditation and AETA certification a plus, but will help obtain
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Vytelle provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
We are a global precision livestock company reshaping how cattle producers worldwide unlock animal performance. Our portfolio includes world class Bovine phenotype data capture system via GrowSafe Systems which enables producers to accurately select for feed efficiency in their elite genetic stock, coupled with Vytelle In Vitro Fertilization services, which enhance the speed at which genetic improvement can be made. We have uniquely coupled these two capabilities with our artificial intelligence driven genetic analytic engine, which incorporates phenotype, genotype, environment and management data to identify unique genetic signatures bringing greater accuracy to genetic progress decisions.
Interested? Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com