BOVINE IVF EMBRYOLOGIST
WHO WE ARE:
We are a precision livestock company reshaping how cattle producers worldwide unlock animal performance.
WHAT WE DO:
We fast-forward genetic progress.
HOW WE DO IT:
We make individual animal management possible, helping cattle producers transform decision making and bring a new certainty to performance, health, and genetic progress.
WHY WE DO IT:
To ensure meat and milk are viable and competitive food choices for future generations.
Because Vytelle is growing rapidly, we are actively expanding our lab teams! As a Vytelle Bovine IVF Embryologist, you will be an integral part of our global team that is helping to bring a new certainty to performance, health and genetic progress.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES- GENERAL
- Complete Vytelle’s specialized training program designed to prepare team members for fieldwork at our satellite locations for oocyte collection and in the IVF lab. This may require travel to one of our training facilities in Oregon or Kansas.
- Work independently and collaboratively in a fast-pace environment while adhering to standard operating procedures (SOPs), processing directives, production standards, policies, health and safety directives and regulations.
- Maintain flexibility for working hours as IVF processes are time-dependent, includes some weekend work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES- TECHNICAL- IN LAB
- Follow established IVF processes including plate preparation; oocyte collection and maturation; semen processing; embryo culture, evaluation, loading and freezing.
- Assist with maintaining integrity of media, collection and semen processing data; record and communicate oocyte collection, maintain embryo production data records; maintain accurate labelling and traceability of media and embryo production.
- Assist with lab maintenance; sanitize working areas and equipment; follow production inventory and LN2 management protocols; maintain processing equipment, glassware and plastic dishes and processing areas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES- TECHNICAL- FIELD/SATELLITE LOCATIONS
- Travel to satellite locations with Vytelle veterinarians- may include overnight travel.
- Prepare, maintain and plan collection-related tasks and equipment; adhere to standard collection workflow.
- Conduct oocyte quality assessment at collection; identify and report any anomalies detected during collections.
- Enter collection data electronically and produce daily collection reports.
- Collaborate with veterinarians and satellite managers to provide superior customer service as a representative of Vytelle.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a relevant field of study
- Industry knowledge and a strong passion for IVF or eagerness to learn and commit
- Previous laboratory experience in an academic and/or professional setting
- Clear understanding of GxP lab environment
- Knowledge of oocyte, sperm and embryo biology
- Quality-driven; comfortable recommending process improvements
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
WHAT THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Specialized training and collaboration with a team of highly skilled industry professionals
- Career advancement opportunities
- Travel opportunities
- Compensation package including 401(k) match, health, dental, vision and life insurance options, as well as paid time off.
EQUAL EMPLOYEMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Vytelle provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org