Business Development Manager
The candidate needs to be a proactive and driven, a relationships builder, who if familiar with introducing process and structure into organizations. Someone who can manage day to day operations, interact with our partners, customers, and organize team interactions. The candidate needs to be financially literate, able to interpret and analyses data and report on key trends to management
The candidate should be ambitious, able to work independent, travel and solutions driven. An appetite to develop personally and want to increase responsibility as the business develops
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Prepare an individual sales and marketing plan with each partner
2. Prepare an annual marketing plan with focus on the target sectors
3. Direct Customers for the corporate laboratory in Hermiston
4. Customers for our Partners
5. Potential new partners
6. Represent the company at key industry events
7. Researching organizations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets
8. Actively participate on the strategic development of the company as part of the senior executive management team
9. Target and bring on board direct customers as appropriate
10. Target and bring on new partners as appropriate
11. Support the partners grow their local market share
12. Keep updated on key industry developments to leverage our access to the market via our partners
13. Ensure good communication across the partner and inform them about new developments in the company’s products
14. Travel required at least 70% of time to farms all across the United States
1. Strong communication and socially adept
2. Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
3. In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
4. The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
5. Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
6. Attention to detail
7. Excellent time management and organization
Education and Career Experience
1. Business degree or similar
2. 10+ years of experience in the bovine industry
3. Business Development experience
4. Strategic Sales experience
5. Marketing experience
6. Entrepreneurial mindset
OPU Manager & Trainer
1. Travel to farms across the United States to conduct ovum pick-up (OPU) and embryo transfer using proprietary techniques and products for bovine IVF (in vitro fertilization) embryo production.
2. Manage the donor reproduction program by evaluating, assessing, and sorting donor cows using ultrasound.
3. Train field professionals to ensure thorough understanding of OPU standard operating procedures for receiving and classifying aspirated oocytes.
4. Develop and maintain protocol for sanitation and sterilization of all materials and equipment used to complete OPU procedures.
5. Manage and build long-term client relationships.
Travel required at least 60% of time to farms all across the United States.
Candidate must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and 24 months’ relevant work experience. Candidate must be able to travel at least 60% of time to farms all across the United States.
Vytelle Internship Program
Our goal is to educate and engage with veterinary students interested in ovum pick-up (OPU) and in-vitro embryo production to equip them with the knowledge and training to apply in their future practices. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about ovum pick-up (OPU) and embryo transfer procedures at our collection facility in Hermiston, Oregon. Interns can spend time in the lab learning about the process of in-vitro maturation, fertilization, and culture. Depending on the schedule, interns may have the opportunity to travel off-site to see OPU collections on-farm. We request that all interns have experience handling cattle and have an interest in bovine reproduction.
One- to two-week internships can be scheduled year-round.
Vytelle provides housing at the Holiday Inn Express in Hermiston. Your stay at the hotel includes breakfast, and the hotel has laundry facilities (coin-op washer and dryer with laundry soap and dryer sheets provided by the hotel). Internet is provided by the hotel. Pets are not allowed. Any additional room charges are to be covered by the intern.
The Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco, Washington is the closest airport to Hermiston. If you will be flying in, we can arrange to pick you up and transport you back to Hermiston. Please contact the internship coordinator at Vytelle to make these arrangements prior to your stay.
We ask that all interns review and sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Vytelle requests proof of liability coverage prior to starting your internship. Professional liability is often covered by your college or institution. If not, the AVMA provides Veterinary Student Professional Liability coverage free-of-charge (http://www.avmaplit.com/products/student-liability/)
What to bring
We recommend bringing coveralls and overshoes or rubber boots
Please send a cover letter and resume, we will work to accommodate your schedule and ask you to include up to three different times you may have available.