Bovine Reproductive Specialist
Exciting opportunity for a motivated veterinary professional to join a fast-growing and innovative cattle reproductive services company. As a Bovine Reproductive Specialist, you will play an integral role in our all-natural, hormone-free IVF process that’s easier on animals and helps dairy and beef producers make faster genetic progress in their herds.
What This Position Offers
• Full-time employment with a dynamic company that is gaining a global reputation for successful bovine IVF using a non-FSH process
• Training in industry-leading, ultrasound-based ovum pick-up (OPU) techniques
• Opportunity to work directly with producers and their animals to enhance reproductive outcomes
• Collaboration with a team of highly skilled professionals, including embryo transfer specialists and laboratory technicians
• Flexibility in location
• Assistance with educational loan payments
• Continuing education to advance your skills and career
• 401(k) match, health insurance and paid time off
• Assess and aspirate oocytes from donor animals using the latest equipment and technology
• Evaluate and manage donor health and reproductive performance, as well as overall herd health
• Aid in achieving client’s goals by analyzing performance results and making recommendations for improvement
• Uphold high standards of veterinary care and animal welfare
• Collaborate with customers and the entire Vytelle team to manage production and laboratory demands
• Assist with training employees in OPU standard operating procedures; train and mentor Vytelle field assistants
• Actively contribute ideas to improve processes and solutions to achieve better performance results
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent
• Experience in bovine reproduction a plus, but willing to train individual with demonstrated interest
• Availability to travel within North America and globally – passport required
• Ability to accommodate flexible schedule based on seasonal volume demands
• USDA APHIS accreditation and AETA certification a plus, but will help obtain
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Vytelle provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
To learn more or submit your resume, contact Michael Bishop, PhD, Vytelle Director of Strategy.
1. IVF plate preparation.
2. Oocyte searching.
3. Semen sample preparation.
4. Embryo culture processing.
5. Embryo loading.
6. Embryo freezing.
7. Basic maintenance of processing equipment, glassware and plastic dishes and processing areas.
Travel occasionally to farms to help with oocyte aspiration and embryo production in other laboratories among our organization.
1. Lab technician formation or previous experience required (biology, chemistry, etc.).
2. Confident and proficient in the use of lab equipment (pipettes, balances, incubators, pH-meter, Osmometers, autoclave, stereoscope, microscope, etc.).
3. Clear comprehension and competent on GxP lab environment.
4. Good knowledge of oocyte, sperm and embryo biology and cryopreservation techniques.
5. Quality driven person.
6. Excellent team work skills.
Vytelle Internship Program
Our goal is to educate and engage with veterinary students interested in ovum pick-up (OPU) and in-vitro embryo production to equip them with the knowledge and training to apply in their future practices. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about ovum pick-up (OPU) and embryo transfer procedures at our collection facility in Hermiston, Oregon. Interns can spend time in the lab learning about the process of in-vitro maturation, fertilization, and culture. Depending on the schedule, interns may have the opportunity to travel off-site to see OPU collections on-farm. We request that all interns have experience handling cattle and have an interest in bovine reproduction.
One- to two-week internships can be scheduled year-round.
Vytelle provides housing at the Holiday Inn Express in Hermiston. Your stay at the hotel includes breakfast, and the hotel has laundry facilities (coin-op washer and dryer with laundry soap and dryer sheets provided by the hotel). Internet is provided by the hotel. Pets are not allowed. Any additional room charges are to be covered by the intern.
The Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco, Washington is the closest airport to Hermiston. If you will be flying in, we can arrange to pick you up and transport you back to Hermiston. Please contact the internship coordinator at Vytelle to make these arrangements prior to your stay.
We ask that all interns review and sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Vytelle requests proof of liability coverage prior to starting your internship. Professional liability is often covered by your college or institution. If not, the AVMA provides Veterinary Student Professional Liability coverage free-of-charge (http://www.avmaplit.com/products/student-liability/)
What to bring
We recommend bringing coveralls and overshoes or rubber boots
Please send a cover letter and resume, we will work to accommodate your schedule and ask you to include up to three different times you may have available.